Thursday, April 30, 2015

Cheese

I taught a barre class tonight and am teaching again in 7.5 hours, so this will be short, but I would like to say thank you. Thank you for your responses on my last post and for giving me the space to say it. One of the hardest things about the last year and a half has been my inability to write about the thing that was hardest in my life. It was the right thing to do, as it was JP's story and not mine, but it made something already hard significantly harder for me. Thank you also for the generosity in your comments. Whenever I write something more emotional I get so afraid I'll be accused of being overly dramatic, because I secretly wonder if that's exactly what I'm doing, that it was validating and healing in and of itself to read "I'm sorry" and "this is sad." Mostly I was truly shocked at how hard and how huge the wave of mourning was that hit me at my friend's news that it simply had to spill out, and this is where those feelings spill out to. Thank you for giving them a safe place to land.

As a parting gift, I leave you with this photo of Cora, taken at a lovely al fresco dinner at Gloria's last night. She was eating the bean dip with a spoon (as we all wish we could do), so I took out my phone to snap a picture and she saw me and said "cheeeeeese"


Like an adorable, bald, drunken, and possibly lecherous pirate.


Love her. Love you guys too. Night night.

3 comments:

  1. I tried to post a comment inn the last post but my internet connection has been temperamental and it didn't show. I love your blog, there's no barre around here but you inspired me to start yoga last night :-)
    I'm sorry you have this sadness in your life, it's very real and I think most women can understand it perfectly. As someone else said, there's no pain Olympics, your pain or loss is what it is to you. Have a lovely weekend with your adorable, drunken, bald pirate and the rest of her minions. Keep on being fabulous x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you should read this friend! It's a good one. So sorry for your pain, truly. http://sarahbessey.com/learning-live-ache/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I actually had the same reaction to the same pregnancy announcement. So happy for her, yet a sad feeling swept over me for myself. I 100% understand and your feelings are totally legitimate. Glad you got to get those feelings off your chest sometimes that is the best medicine.

    ReplyDelete