Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Happy Birthday JP and Other News

I apologize for the absence. I've been very busy feeling like I'm going to throw up and wanting to curl up under my desk and be unconscious for the next month or so. So there's been no time to share the adorable things Landon is doing or to complain about how JP is still sick and had the flu after all, or even to tell the story about how I was supposed to finish up a section of Motion to Dismiss last night so it could be sent to the client this morning but I fell asleep at 8:45 and then woke up at 8 a.m. with nothing done and had to race to work and write through the nausea to get Something to the partner by 10. His previously high estimation of my writing may have been permanently harmed by the piece of crap I emailed to him at 9:59.

In other news, JP turned 28 on Sunday. He celebrated by going to the minor emergency center and finding out he probably had the flu. I felt on the verge of vomitting all day, so we ate a simple dinner at one of our favorite thai places while my sister babysit the Lanman. We figured we'd save the expensive, special dinner for a night we would actually enjoy it.

Landon was very excited about his daddy's birthday and sang his version "Happy Birthday" on and off for most of the day. I finally thought to get some of it on video and now have a full 2 minute clip of his Gregorian-like chant of the birthday song. Here is a 20-second sample:



He is quite the bright spot in my life right now and that makes me both so excited about this next baby and so sad that this baby means I won't get to spend every second I'm at home laughing and playing with him.

6 comments:

  1. Love the birthday song! Hope you feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute! Sorry you're still feeling crummy and that it's making work so difficult. I hope things improve soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry you're feeling crummy. As a Mom of two, the second child adds a wonderful dimension to the family. I promise it won't take away from your relationship with Landon! First you get that glorious maternity leave. Newborns really do sleep a lot (well, most do - I have mixed experience in that department) and you'll get more time with Landon than you do now. Oh, and definitely look into a sling or pouch (I like hotslings) for your second. Even if you weren't a babywearer with Landon, it is really great with two so this way, you can keep your newborn cozy and close while also having free hands to play with Landon. I wore #2 all the time - which might be part of the reason she was such a calm baby! Once the baby is bigger, you'll really enjoy watching Landon and his baby brother or sister interact.

    Happy birthday to JP. Poor thing about being sick though. :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks LT, good advice. I know deep down that this baby won't really take away from or get in the way of my relationship with Landon, but sometimes it's hard not to imagine that when we're spending happy one-on-one time together before bed.

    And I'm definitely looking forward to maternity - at the moment, more for the time I'll get to spend with Landon than even the bonding I'll get with our new peanut.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Are you sure JP has the flu and not sympathy morning sickness? I hope both of you feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Birthday to JP! (Feel better soon) :)

    ReplyDelete