Wednesday, March 7, 2007

We Didn't Win the Lottery, but...

I did win clothes! Baukjen, one of the founders of Isabella Oliver (the maternity clothes I'm in love with but can't afford on my poor student budget), posted a comment on my blog!!
hi, my name is baukjen and i'm one of the founders of isabellaoliver.com . someone forwarded your blog entry and it put a smile on our faces that you wrote that you'd buy isabella oliver if you won the lottery! drop us an email at thegirls@isabellaoliver.com and ask for your email to be forwarded to me and let us know your size and address and we'll pop a few pieces from past photoshoots in the post for you. take care and congrats with your pregnancy!
You always read that lottery winners are no happier for all their millions (and often much more sad) and it may have put some strain on our marriage, but my not having to pay for clothes makes both of us happy!

So whoever forwarded my blog to Isabella Oliver, thank you so much- and IO, thanks for taking the time to make a random American blogger's week :)

Update: There's a post about me on their company blog!

7 comments:

  1. that's so nice of them!! and that's awesome for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How splendid!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats!! Looks like something good came out of your lotto loss.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats! That's amazing. I wouldn't post her e-mail address though - or some other random pregnant law blogger might just pretend to be you to get some free clothes!! (Okay, it crossed my mind...)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Haha- I already sent the email, so nobody get any ideas!

    (Actually, I thought about not including it, but it was already on the earlier comment and its just the general email for the company.)

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's awesome. It makes me want to give them my business and shop there when i'm preggo.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Won't you be the trend setter now. All I can say is wow.

    ReplyDelete